How it all began....

In 1866, four years after the onset of Free Methodism in Michigan, Coldwater Free Methodist Church was formed.  Due to a lack of facilites, CFMC rented a building in town and began to 'move the mission of Jesus' forward in Coldwater.  In 1896, the congregation purchased a small building on Perkins St. in Coldwater. In 1961, the building on Perkins St was sold and a new building was built at 200 N. Fremont St. (our current location).  Over the years, several remodels & additions have occured to accomodate a growing congregation and to facilitate the ever changing needs of our community.  CFMC was first started with this one passion in mind: to Love God, Love People & Make Disciples!  That is the same passion that drives us today and propels us to love, serve, teach, care, and disciple.